Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
Who Should I See?
NHS 24 - Call us free on 111
Follow Us On Facebook

Who Should I See

Get the Right Care in the Right Place

NHS24 on 111 NHS inform includes self-help guides for a range of common conditions:
If you think you need A&E, but it’s not life threatening, call NHS 24 on 111. If you need same day medical attention that cannot wait for your GP Practice to reopen, call NHS 24 on 111.
Community Pharmacy
  • Colds
  • Cold sores
  • Sore throat
  • Diarrhoea or constipation
  • Indigestion
  • Aches and pains
  • Help if you run out of your repeat prescription
Mental Health Support Contact your GP Practice
Call NHS 24 on 111, 24/7, 365 days a year
Breathing Space: 0800 83 85 87
Weekdays: Monday-Thursday 6pm to 2am
Weekend: Friday 6pm - Monday 6am
  • Tooth pain
  • Swelling to your mouth
  • Injury to your mouth
  • Painful or bleeding gums
  • Advice on oral hygiene
  • Red or sticky eye
  • Pain in or around your eye
  • Blurred or reduced vision
  • Flashes and floaters
General Practice A range of clinicians, including doctors, nurses and sometimes pharmacists and physiotherapists to help you with both mental and physical health issues.
Minor Injuries Unit
  • Cuts and minor burns
  • Sprains and strains
  • Suspected broken bones and fractures
A and E
  • Suspected heart attack or stroke
  • Breathing difficulties
  • Severe bleeding

If you are unsure about where to go or who to see, find out at

Life Threatening Emergencies

In a life-threatening emergency such as sudden severe chest pain, severe breathlessness, loss of power in a limb, loss of consciousness or severe bleeding dial 999.

If you feel the problem is not immediately life threatening, you may call us for advice. Please make it clear when you call us that you are calling for advice about an emergency.


The health centre is equipped to treat minor injuries like small cuts and joint sprains. If the injury is more severe or may involve a broken bone or something which requires stitches you should attend the local Accident & Emergency Unit at:

Royal Alexandra Hospital Paisley: 0141 887 9111
Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow: 0141 201 1100

If you require an X-ray please go to your nearest casualty department as we do not have X-ray facilities in the Health Centre.

Also in the event of poisoning or overdose the attend the local Accident & Emergency Unit.

Urgent Problems during Surgery Hours

If you have an urgent problem during surgery opening hours call the Practice on 0141 207 7480. The receptionist will need to take some details about the problem and arrangements will be made for you to be seen by the doctor as soon as possible.

How to Get Healthcare Advice & Assistance when the Surgery is Closed:
NHS 24

We provide medical services during our opening hours. Outside of these hours, medical cover is provided by NHS 24.

NHS 24 are responsible for urgent medical problems which develop or evolve while we are closed. The nurses and doctors at NHS 24 do not have access to your full medical record, and will not be able to arrange ongoing management or referrals.

If your problem can wait until we re-open, please consider calling us then. This will ensure that you receive the best medical advice and follow up.

NHS 24 Telephone 111


Local Services, Let
Set up a continuing and and welfare power of attorney before you lose capacity and it Silver Rose Funeral Directors