Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
Who Should I See?
NHS 24 - Call us free on 111
Follow Us On Facebook

Your Personal Health Information

To provide you with the care you need, we hold details of your consultations, illnesses, tests, procedures, prescriptions and other treatments that have been recorded by those involved in your care e.g. GP, Community Nurses, Practice Nurse. This information may be stored on paper or electronically.

We may have to disclose some of your personal health information to other professionals involved in your care. For example if you are referred to hospital we will send relevant details about you in the referral letter and they will send relevant details back to us. Our Practice must also participate in regional and national programmes such as the cervical cytology screening service and your name, address, date of birth and health number will be given to them in order to send invitations to you.

We may also be required to use some of your personal health information for administrative purposes. In order to receive payment for services provided to you, we have to disclose basic details about you to the NHS Board responsible for this area and to the Common Services Agency for the Scottish Health Service. These organisations have a role in protecting public funds and are authorised to check that payments are being properly made. We are required to co-operate with these checks and disclosure of your data is a necessary part of our provision of healthcare services.

Sometimes we may also participate in studies that are designed to improve the way services are provided to you or to check that our performance meets required standards. Whenever we take part in activities such as there we will ensure as far as possible any details that may identify you are not disclosed. Anonymised patient information will also be used at local and national level to help the Health Board and Government plan services e.g. Diabetic Care.

If you do not wish anonymous information about you to be used in such a way please let us know.

Where you need a service provided jointly with a local authority we will seek your permission before giving them your details.


Local Services, Let
Set up a continuing and and welfare power of attorney before you lose capacity and it
Silver Rose Funeral Directors